The Gayle O’Connor (GO) Spirit Award celebrates members of the e-discovery and legal technology communities whose singular energy, enthusiasm and verve echo the spirit of the late Gayle O’Connor (1956-2020). Gayle danced to the beat of her own drummer. She knew adversity and overcame it. Her indomitable spirit brought people together and brightened lives.
Recipients of the GO Spirit Award have made noteworthy contributions to e-discovery, legal technology, information governance, cybersecurity, or data privacy through efforts that inspire, educate, or promote the common interest and cohesion of our community.
The GO Spirit Award is given to an individual in the legal profession who best exemplifies Gayle O’Connor’s spirit and work ethic by serving as an example for other individuals in the profession through attitude, collegiality, energy and accomplishments thereby serving as a positive example for not just those in the legal industry but all people. Each recipient’s efforts inspire, educate, or promote the common interest and cohesion of our community.
The GO Award is presented each December on eDiscovery Day.
“I LEARNED FROM GAYLE THAT I AM NOT LOUD AND OBNOXIOUS,
BUT COURAGEOUS AND BOLD.”
DYNAMIC, LOVING, UNINHIBITED, FUNNY, SMART, AND A PASSIONATE LIBERAL, SHE RODE A HARLEY, SHE LOVED JAZZ FEST, SHE LIVED FOR LIVE MUSIC, AND SHE HAD A WILD OUTFIT FOR EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR, OR THE DECADE. SHE NEVER MET A STRANGER; EVERYONE SHE ENCOUNTERED BECAME A FRIEND IMMEDIATELY.”
GO SPIRIT AWARDS HONOREES:
GO SPIRIT AWARDS FOUNDING MEMBERS:
- Craig Ball
- Joy Murao
- Kaylee Walstad
- Tom O’Connor
- Candi Smith
- Maribel Rivera
- Cat Casey
- Mary Mack
2022 GO SPIRIT AWARDS NOMINEES:
- Cat Casey, Chief Growth Officer at Reveal
- Sheila Grela, Paralegal, Buchalter
- Janice Hollman, Sr. Global Academic Program Manager at Relativity
- David Horrigan, Discovery Counsel and Legal Education Director at Relativity
- Ari Kaplan, Principal, Ari Kaplan Advisors
- Julie Lewis, Founder, President, and CEO at Digital Mountain, Inc.
- Donna Medrek, Senior Director, Legal Solutions at BlueStar
- Maribel Rivera, VP, Strategy and Client Engagement at ACEDS
- Mandi Ross, CEO, co-founder (Insight Optix) and founder (Prism Litigation Technologies)
- Sonya Sigler, Attorney, Entrepreneur, Writer, Coach at SonyaSigler.com
- Erin Tomine, Product Manager at Relativity
- Megan Twibell, Manager, Customer Enablement at Relativity
- Kelly Twigger, Principal at ESI Attorneys
The GO Spirit Award will be presented on E-Discovery Day, December 1, 2022, 4:30 pm ET / 1:30 pm PT. All are welcome to join on December 1 by clicking here.