EDRM Global Advisory Council Chair, Robert Keeling, named as Featured Litigator by Sidley Austin LLP
Co-chair of Sidley’s eDiscovery task force, Robert Keeling is an experienced litigator and white-collar lawyer whose practice includes a special focus on electronic discovery matters. Robert routinely leads discovery in civil litigation that contain complex #eDiscovery issues. He also represents companies across a range of industries in sensitive government investigations, including handling discovery in some of the largest antitrust reviews before the DOJ. Robert is widely considered one of the country’s preeminent speakers and thought leaders on eDiscovery issues. With a robust eDiscovery counselling practice, Keeling’s extensive litigation and investigations experience gives him uncommon perspective when advising clients on the practical consequences of the eDiscovery policies, procedures, and practices they adopt.
Robert contributes his expertise to many EDRM projects in addition to his leadership on the Advisory Council.
Robert is a prolific writer. His recent publications include:
- Co-author, “Using Machine Learning on Legal Matters: Paying Attention to the Data Behind the Curtain,” Hastings Science and Technology Law Journal, Vol. 11, No. 1 (Winter 2020)
- Co-author, “Washington, DC and Virginia Law Chapter,” The Complex Commercial Litigation Law Review (2nd ed.)” (2019)
- Co-author “The Burden of Privacy in Discovery” The Sedona Conference Journal (2019)
- Co-author, “Separating the Privileged Wheat from the Chaff – Using Text Analytics and Machine Learning to Protect Attorney-Client Privilege,” Richmond Journal of Law & Technology Vol. XXV, No. 3, (2019)
- Contributor, “Technology Assisted Review (TAR) Guidelines,” Duke Law School, Bolch Judicial Institute (January, 2019)