Dearest EDRM Community,
The word of the week is dynamic.
The earth’s temperature briefly rose over 2 degrees compared with pre-industrial times, a key warming milestone. Yemen’s Houthi rebels reportedly have captured a British owned and Japanese operated, potentially Israeli ship in the Red Sea. The US Supreme Court has an ethics code of conduct now. During the week when CEO Sam Altman was removed from OpenAI and moved to Microsoft, here’s a how-to build an LLM via Hacker News. And ChatGPT has passed the legal ethics exam, of course.
In Legal Tech this week
Google’s CLO was in the hot seat on chat retention. APT launched its salary survey and we encourage you to participate, as we recalibrate compensation. EDRM Global Advisory Council leader, Nate Latessa joined HaystackID. Modern data types shouldn’t be considered fringe (per Trusted Partner, Opentext.). If you are wondering about the fuss about Monica Bay, or if you are missing her singular presence and passion, Greg Bufithis gifted us his heartfelt memorial endingwith a 35 minute unedited interview on her retirement.
E-Discovery Day, December 7, has a wealth of webinars and events, both live and remote. EDRM is proud to sponsor the Ninth Annual. Sign up here, or on the main site. Thank you to our Trusted Partner, Exterro, for stewarding.
The ComplexDiscovery Pricing Survey will be closing soon, we encourage you to share a few minutes and take the survey here.
The 4th annual 2024 eDiscovery Today State of the Industry Report Survey is open and ready for your input. This survey, sponsored by EDRM, is designed to gather insights from eDiscovery professionals across the industry, shedding light on the latest trends and developments that continue to shape our dynamic field.
On the EDRM Blog
Upcoming Webinars on the EDRM Global Webinar Channel
- 28 Nov 2023: 1PM Eastern: Finding Common Ground on ESI Protocols
- 29 Nov 2023: 1PM Eastern: Moving Law: The Visual Journey of AI with Ralph Losey
- 01 Dec 2023: 1PM Eastern: Tech-Backed Terror: Navigating the Intersection of AI, Cryptocurrency, Money Laundering, and “Proliferation Financing”
- 05 Dec 2023: 1PM Eastern: Streamline and Save: Smart ESI Collection Strategies for eDiscovery
- 06 Dec 2023: 1PM Eastern: Harnessing the Power of Advanced Extractions with Mobile Ultra
- 07 Dec 2023: 12PM Eastern: WHERE IS
WALDOGENERATIVE AI ON E-DISCOVERY DAY?
- 07 Dec 2023: 3PM Eastern: 2023 Gayle O’Connor Spirit Award
- 07 Dec 2023: 345PM Eastern: eDiscovery Evolution: A Journey from the Dawn of ESI to Today
- 14 Dec 2023: 1PM Eastern: Guardians of Data: Ethics & Governance for Legal Professionals in an AI-Driven World
Our Syndicated EDRM Global Podcast Network is available via iTunes, Spotify, Google Play and your favorite podcast app, so you can listen at your leisure. Recent podcasts guests include Joey Seeber and David Greetham, Anya Korolyov, Briordy Meyers, Monica Harris, John Wilson, and Robin Perkins.
EDRM is pleased to release its “General Data Protection Regulation Cross-Border Discovery Guidelines,” which have been released for public comment. The public comment period will close on 11/20/2023 and all comments are welcomed.
Every Tuesday at 6PM Eastern, community members gather via Zoom to offer or request support as we navigate our work and personal challenges. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be included on the group invitation for the 197th support call. Remember, you are not alone, and you are welcome at our events, or to reach out for help. If you are having a mental health emergency, please consider these resources for professional help.
We welcome your participation in our projects, webinars, support gatherings, and our EDRM Hub, our job board/event/directory website. There is no charge for these EDRM offerings, thanks to our very generous Trusted Partners and Event Sponsors.
Grateful for you,
Mary & Kaylee