Dearest EDRM Community,
The word of the week is exchange.
Many of us gathered over the US Thanksgiving holiday last week. Hostages have been released in exchange for prisoners while Israel and Hamas pause. The Netherlands and Argentina elected more far right leaders. Sam Altman is back at OpenAI as they plan a share sale. Russia has added Meta’s spokesperson to a wanted list. Isha Maranthe surveyed global differences in handling AI.
In Legal Tech this week
Amendments to the US Federal Rules of Evidence (FRE) 702 will go into effect December 1. Those looking for the Total Addressable Market for eDiscovery can find five year projections by ComplexDiscovery. Congratulations to the winners of the British Legal Technology Awards and good luck to the finalists in the British Legal Awards.
E-Discovery Day, December 7th, has a wealth of webinars and events, both live and remote. EDRM is proud to once again sponsor the Ninth Annual. Sign up here, or on the main site. Thank you to our Trusted Partner, Exterro, for stewarding our favorite industry holiday.
The ComplexDiscovery Pricing Survey will be closing soon, we encourage you to share a few minutes and take the survey here.
The 4th annual 2024 eDiscovery Today State of the Industry Report Survey is open and ready for your input. This survey, sponsored by EDRM, is designed to gather insights from eDiscovery professionals across the industry, shedding light on the latest trends and developments that continue to shape our dynamic field.
On the EDRM Blog
Upcoming Webinars on the EDRM Global Webinar Channel
- 28 Nov 2023: 1PM Eastern: Finding Common Ground on ESI Protocols
- 29 Nov 2023: 1PM Eastern: Moving Law: The Visual Journey of AI with Ralph Losey
- 01 Dec 2023: 1PM Eastern: Tech-Backed Terror: Navigating the Intersection of AI, Cryptocurrency, Money Laundering, and “Proliferation Financing”
- 05 Dec 2023: 1PM Eastern: Streamline and Save: Smart ESI Collection Strategies for eDiscovery
- 06 Dec 2023: 1PM Eastern:Harnessing the Power of Advanced Extractions with Mobile Ultra
- 07 Dec 2023: 12PM Eastern: WHERE IS
WALDOGENERATIVE AI ON E-DISCOVERY DAY?
- 07 Dec 2023: 2PM Eastern: 6th Annual eDiscovery Crossfire: Debating the Controversial Issues in E-Discovery
- 07 Dec 2023: 3PM Eastern: 2023 Gayle O’Connor Spirit Award
- 07 Dec 2023: 345PM Eastern: eDiscovery Evolution: A Journey from the Dawn of ESI to Today
- 13 Dec 2023: 1PM Eastern: eDiscovery Automation: How Technology is Revolutionizing Legal Challenges
- 14 Dec 2023: 1PM Eastern: Guardians of Data: Ethics & Governance for Legal Professionals in an AI-Driven World
Our Syndicated EDRM Global Podcast Network is available via iTunes, Spotify, Google Play and your favorite podcast app, so you can listen at your leisure. Recent podcasts guests include Joey Seeber and David Greetham, Anya Korolyov, Briordy Meyers, Monica Harris, John Wilson, and Robin Perkins.
EDRM thanks those who commented on the “General Data Protection Regulation Cross-Border Discovery Guidelines,” released for public comment. The public comment period is now closed and the project team is reviewing the comments received.
Every Tuesday at 6PM Eastern, community members gather via Zoom to offer or request support as we navigate our work and personal challenges. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be included on the group invitation for the 198th support call. Remember, you are not alone, and you are welcome at our events, or to reach out for help. If you are having a mental health emergency, please consider these resources for professional help.
We welcome your participation in our projects, webinars, support gatherings, and our EDRM Hub, our job board/event/directory website. There is no charge for these EDRM offerings, thanks to our very generous Trusted Partners and Event Sponsors.
Mary & Kaylee