Dearest EDRM Community,
The phrase of the week is E-Discovery Day.
As Israel shifts focus to the south, civilians struggle to relocate. The NYT reports Israel had intelligence around the planning of the October 7 attack. An earthquake stuck the Philippines and the Marapi volcano erupted in Indonesia. Former US Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor passed. IBM and Google unveiled a huge quantum computing breakthrough.
In Legal Tech this week
A new industry group is looking affix provenance (aka chain of custody) to data sets used to train AI that they can trust. The Fifth Circuit is considering a rule for mandatory disclosure of the use of AI. California has issued new guidelines for lawyers’ use of AI. Doug Austin covered Craig Ball’s highly insightful ESI Protocol webinar. Cassandre Coyer asked if chatbots could be custodians, and Isha Marathe looked at how in house counsel are approaching AI.
E-Discovery Day, December 7th, has a wealth of webinars and events, both live and remote. EDRM is proud to once again sponsor the Ninth Annual. Sign up here, or on the main site. Thank you to our Trusted Partner, Exterro, for stewarding our favorite industry holiday. See you there!
The ComplexDiscovery Pricing Survey report is out with interesting results. You can check it out here.
The 4th annual 2024 eDiscovery Today State of the Industry Report Survey is open and ready for your input. This survey, sponsored by EDRM, is designed to gather insights from eDiscovery professionals across the industry, shedding light on the latest trends and developments that continue to shape our dynamic field.
On the EDRM Blog
Upcoming Webinars on the EDRM Global Webinar Channel
- 05 Dec 2023: 1PM Eastern: Streamline and Save: Smart ESI Collection Strategies for eDiscovery
- 06 Dec 2023: 1PM Eastern:Harnessing the Power of Advanced Extractions with Mobile Ultra
- 07 Dec 2023: 12PM Eastern: WHERE IS
WALDOGENERATIVE AI ON E-DISCOVERY DAY?
- 07 Dec 2023: 2PM Eastern: 6th Annual eDiscovery Crossfire: Debating the Controversial Issues in E-Discovery
- 07 Dec 2023: 3PM Eastern: 2023 Gayle O’Connor Spirit Award
- 07 Dec 2023: 345PM Eastern: eDiscovery Evolution: A Journey from the Dawn of ESI to Today
- 12 Dec 2023: 1PM Eastern: Revolutionary Cloud-Based Smartphone Data Collection: It’s Time To Ditch The Kit!
- 13 Dec 2023: 1PM Eastern: eDiscovery Automation: How Technology is Revolutionizing Legal Challenges
- 14 Dec 2023: 1PM Eastern: Guardians of Data: Ethics & Governance for Legal Professionals in an AI-Driven World
- 15 Dec 2023: 1PM Eastern: Debunking Digital Deceptions: Bob Zeidman on The Truth Behind Election Claims and the Fight for Integrity
- 19 Dec 2023: 1PM Eastern: Modern Strategies for Managing Multidistrict Litigation in the Cloud
Our Syndicated EDRM Global Podcast Network is available via iTunes, Spotify, Google Play and your favorite podcast app, so you can listen at your leisure. Recent podcasts guests include Jason Covey, Joey Seeber and David Greetham, Anya Korolyov, Briordy Meyersand Monica Harris.
EDRM thanks those who commented on the “General Data Protection Regulation Cross-Border Discovery Guidelines,” released for public comment. The public comment period is now closed and the project team is reviewing the comments received.
Every Tuesday at 6PM Eastern, community members gather via Zoom to offer or request support as we navigate our work and personal challenges. Email us at email@example.com to be included on the group invitation for the 199th support call. Remember, you are not alone, and you are welcome at our events, or to reach out for help. If you are having a mental health emergency, please consider these resources for professional help.
We welcome your participation in our projects, webinars, support gatherings, and our EDRM Hub, our job board/event/directory website. There is no charge for these EDRM offerings, thanks to our very generous Trusted Partners and Event Sponsors.
See you there!
Mary & Kaylee