Dearest EDRM Community,
EDRM Word of the Week: Listening.
In Legaltech this week, stories emerged to stoke our awareness of the rapid rate of change for all things GPT and the slow rate of change for conference misbehavior. While some new entrants are finding venture money, albeit at lower rates, the calculus has shifted for legal tech investors to take money off the table. Now is the time to demonstrate clear value, and to look under the hood at funding fundamentals in addition to compensation, market and culture for both employment and partnerships.
Let’s remain united in our support for each other, For support or to assist a colleague, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and join our weekly Community Support Call, now in its fourth year.
Let’s remain united in our support for each other. For support or to assist a colleague, contact us at email@example.com and join our 209th weekly Community Support Call.
On the EDRM Blog:
- · Level Legal’s Seeber Wins Vistage 2024 Leadership Award
- · Quarterly Industry Survey: Share Your Insights on eDiscovery Business Confidence
Upcoming Webinars on the EDRM Global Webinar Channel
- 20 Feb 2024: 1PM Eastern: Important eDiscovery Case Law Decisions for February 2024
- 21 Feb 2024: 1PM Eastern: Exploring AI: An In-Depth Discussion of Real-Life Legal Use Cases
- 27 Feb 2024: 1PM Eastern: Nextpoint AI in Action: Winter Product Showcase
- 28 Feb 2024: 1PM Eastern: Unveiling Cellebrite Inseyets for Enterprise: The Digital Forensics Game Changer
- 29 Feb 2024: 1PM Eastern: Tracking User Behavior using the Windows Registry
- 05 Mar 2024: 1PM Eastern: RISE OF THE MACHINES: TRANSITIONING TO AI POWERED WORKFLOW IN THE PRACTICE OF LAW
- 20 Mar 2024: 1PM Eastern: Mastering the Cyber Storm: Tailored Tabletop Exercises for Unmatched Resilience
Updates from Around the Globe –
- Global Legal Tech Developments: EDRM Trusted Partner, Lockhaven Solutions, achieved three prestigious certifications. The US Department of Commerce announced the U.S. AI Safety Institute Consortium (AISIC). Embodying their company name, Onit showed its work with GenAI for contracts with stunning statistics. LLM’s were covered by Stephen Embry on GenAI and Joe Patrice on Prompt Engineering. Google launched Gemini Ultra in the LLM race for supremacy as Complex Discovery put Prompt Engineering in the vanguard. Daniel Garrie and Leo M. Gordon explained Technical Neutrals.
- International eDiscovery Trends: The Wall Street Journal declared that Apple’s Vision Pro is for work, another hardware device from which to collect. Joey Seeber, CEO of EDRM Trusted Partner, Level Legal, was honored by Vistage and received the 3 Geeks and a Law treatment. Greg Buckles dished on his Alma Mater and EDRM Trusted Partner, Veritas, as he also detailed Microsoft 365 changes impacting eDiscovery. GenAI native Beagle got funded. Doug Austin’s Kitchen Sink rounds us out.
- World Events Impacting Legal Tech: Pakistan’s surprising election is challenged. Pope Francis canonized a female Jesuit, the first Argentinian saint. Iceland’s volcano stopped erupting. Molecular surveillance needs more privacy protection according to health advocates. Moody’s downgraded Israel’s credit. Meta will no longer recommend political content on Instagram or Threads. Here are some techy Valentines gifts for last minute.
Recent Illumination Zone Podcasts:
Catch our latest EDRM Global Podcast Network episodes on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play, and more. Recent guests include Jason Covey, Joey Seeber, David Greetham, Anya Korolyov, Tom O’Connor, Aaron Patton aka Gates Dogfish, Vazantha Meyers and Marla Crawford.
- Update to EDRM’s Code of Conduct: As part of our own reflection on the unfortunate and horrifying events of Legalweek, EDRM has updated our Code of Conduct around in person, virtual, social and project events for respect and civility. The time is now to make a difference.New projects including eDiscovery Workflows and EDRM 2.0 project are off and running.
- Generative AI Policy Update: Check out our updated Generative AI and Large Language Model policy, focusing on disclosure and fact-checking Read the Policies Here.
Weekly Community Support Call Join us every Tuesday at 6PM Eastern on Zoom for support and camaraderie. For the invitation to our 209th weekly call, email firstname.lastname@example.org. In case of a mental health emergency, consider these professional resources.
Get Involved with EDRM We invite you to participate in our projects, webinars, support gatherings, and the EDRM Hub. Access these offerings at no cost, courtesy of our Trusted Partners and Event Sponsors. Please reach out to email@example.com for more information.
You are heard,
Mary & Kaylee
P.S. This update was assisted by GAI and LLM Technologies as per EDRM GAI and LLM Policy.